Thursday, May 13, 2010

Prayer - A Petition to my Father In Heaven

I taught my relief society lesson on Sunday....the topic was Prayer. I gave probably one of the best lessons I have given yet so I was very happy about that. I realized that I rely on the gift of prayer more than I thought. Sunday, Mother's Day - - was a bit of a stress for me and my family. I found out really quickly that I didn't know everything there was to know about prayer. Trying not to give too many gory details....just to suffice it to say that there was some definate family drama. In trying to resolve some hard feelings with a member of my family I knew what I needed to do.....and that was go get on my knees. This wasn't an easy task, I fought the idea for many hours. How could I give such a wonderful lesson on prayer....and turn around and deny myself of the blessings?

At a quiet moment I found myself asking my Father in Heaven for help, I needed an answer. I don't know if I have ever been blessed with such a strong confirmation that what I had decided to do was the right decision. I am so thankful to know that my Heavenly Father will ALWAYS be there for ME! I truly believe that within each lesson that I am asked to teach.....I am blessed with knowledge in my own life.

3 comments:

  1. Well said Val, I'm glad you're prayers were answered. I too have had some incredible experiences related to prayer the last month and am still in awe at how well our Father in Heaven knows each of us individually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same stubborn nature at times, knowing I should but fighting it. I'm often scared to hear the answer because I have to surrender and be willing to change and that's hard for me. I'm starting to learn that Heavenly Fathers answers help me to grow and when I take the time to pray and listen I'm always happier because I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Aunt Val!!!!! This must have been the month to get on our knees. I too have had to get on my knees A TON this last month to find comfort in our Heavenly Father. I know that I would not make it though some of the trial of life without that communication line. I know that he hears me and answers the way my life needs to go.

    ReplyDelete