Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trust In God, Then Go and Do

So the last couple of days as I am going to bed I have decided to read my scriptures and study a talk from our last general conference. I prayed that I would be guided to read something that the Lord would see fit for me in my life right now. I read the talk by Henry B. Eyring entitled Trust in God, Then Go and Do. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts that I had and personal feelings I got while truly studying this talk and scriptures that went a long with it.


As I was reading I quickly realized that if I put my all trust in the Lord life would be so much easier. I wouldn't care what people thought of me, I wouldn't care that my hair was not done or that I was not as skinny or as popular as "That girl." I realized that God has a plan for me and if I just TRUST him things will work out in it's own due time. At my age (not that I am OLD) but in the state of Utah it truly is hard to be 25 and not married, and I often find myself really pondering where my life is going if I even have a purpose for being here. After reading this talk I realize how much god does love me and he does have a plan for me and my life.... It might not be on my time table but it is on his and I have got to be okay with that.


I understand more that putting your Trust in God is like having Faith in him. Faith: something you believe in without seeing it. I like to say " I have faith." But do I really?... I feel like if I did I wouldn't doubt gods plan and I wouldn't second guess things that I know to be true.


I know it will not be easy to always keep my Faith and Trust in God 100% of the time because I am human and I will falter but I choose this day to do better at Trusting God and knowing he loves me and if I ask for his guidance and help I need to "Go and do." because great things will happen, he will not take me down any path that is to hard. He too said " I never said it will be easy I only said it would be worth it."


I love you all and I am thankful for this safe place that I can express my feelings. I encourage all of you to read, or re-read the message from Henry B. Eyring and I hope it touches you like it did me.


ShaLynn S.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that was amazing shay!! i'm gonna have to go read it now!:) thank you for those words and thoughts.. i to have thought those things through my life and still do some. your awesome!! love you

    ReplyDelete